Sunday, February 13, 2011

A father's very special book

Parker loves to read. To tell the truth, he loves to look through books and find pictures of apples. Then he points at them, smiles, and says "Appoo". He is so cute when he does that. But I digress...

On a flight from Houston to Seattle one day, I watched the free movie Despicable Me. I didn't expect it to be that great, but it had Steve Carell in it and I love him in The Office, so I figured I would give it a shot. It was actually kind of cute. But the main thing that I took away from it was that the main character didn't like all of the lame kids books that he was asked to read before bed each night. So he made one himself and read it to the kids. It made me cry.

That very week, while in Seattle, I began working on my own book for Parker. It took me quite a while, but I finally finished it last week. Here is the cover of the one-of-a-kind book I made for Parker. We read it for the first time last night and he loved it. He kept looking through it even after I tried to get him to read some other books with me.

I love my little boy!

1 comment:

  1. I love that movie, and this is soooo sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete