Sunday, March 20, 2011

I'm no crocodile hunter

We found this on the back patio yesterday morning when Tyson went outside to eat. That's right, a snake! It was only about 12 inches long and barely as round as my pinky, but it was a snake none-the-less. At first I thought it was a stick because it was so straight. Then I thought it was dead because I tried to pick it up with a yard stick and it didn't move. But then... all of a sudden... it slithered a bit. I decided to use a broom and a dust pan to sweep it up into a tupperware container for safe transport to an open field some distance from the house. Later that morning, I set it free underneath a pine tree on some undeveloped land on the outskirts of town. Steve Irwin I am not!

1 comment:

  1. I will never go to your back yard again. This gives me the heebie jeebies. I'm glad you were able to set it free somewhere far, far away.

    ReplyDelete