Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day at Parker's school

Parker's school held a Father's Day event on Friday. I was fortunate enough to be able to take the afternoon off to attend with the P-man. I picked him up a little after 10:00 a.m. and we went out to the play field. It was really hot, but we liked being outside. Most of the events were running or walking events and since Parker can't do either of those quite yet, we just sat and watched. We had fun.


After about 30 minutes, we moved under the food pavilion to find the shade. At 11:00 a.m. they started serving lunch, so Parker and I got in line. The line was moving slow. After about 20 minutes, I finally made it to the food, Parker didn't. He was so tired, he had fallen asleep in my arms with his head on my left shoulder. I ate as best as I could with only one hand and then I took him back to school. I was able to put him in his crib without waking him up. :)

All-in-all it was a fun experience to be there with my son. Maybe next time we will get to participate a little more. I love you, Parker!

No comments:

Post a Comment